I have always wanted to combine my loves of music and coding into one project, and that is what I attempted to do here. This was my final Max/MSP project for NMD430 (Electronic Music). What I did was break down the music production process into small chunks, then tried to automate the process of composing a song through random number generation. It didn’t work. The structure was accurate and the notes were all in key, but the monotony and uncanny feel of the tune made anyone that listened to it uncomfortable. Even so, the coding behind the piece is quite advanced, and I learned a lot while doing it, and thus I consider it an essential part of this portfolio.
The actual Max patch: