By patches3gig, February 13, 2014

For my final project in NMD102 I was required to use an Arduino board along with a software of my choice to make something, and so of course I decided to make a game. I ended up rigging my Arduino with a light sensor, feeding that information into Max/MSP, then sending the data to Unity Game Engine to control the character’s movement. The concept is simple enough, and it is one I have gone back to and replicated several times – you control the vertical motion of a character in an attempt to dodge objects that try to hit you. I made the art assets in Pixen, and the music in Reason 6.5 – the entire project took one day minus the character design.